Implementation of Oracle WebCenter Content based Project Transmittal Document Management and Collaboration Solution Delivers Productivity and Compliance for Global Project Communication.
North Reading, MA (August 12, 2012)––Softlinx Inc., an Oracle Certified Gold Partner today announced that its Professional Services Group is presenting a cases study of an Oracle WebCenter Content implementation for a major US engineering company to manage a global engineering project to deliver a nuclear power plant to an overseas client.
The organization in this case study had to coordinate with its overseas client and its sub-suppliers to carry out a complex project of building an overseas power plant. Each communications channel must be clearly identified for a specific request, such as design change requests or responses to the requested design changes. All written communications must be tracked, reviewed and approved according to the agreed upon procedures. Furthermore, all of these communications, along with their associated support documents must be archived to meet regulatory compliance. In the unfortunate case of an accident, records must be kept to clearly identify the sequence of design changes and approvals.
“To address these issues, the organization had selected and installed Oracle WebCenter Content to store and manage all documents and cover pages. One of the key benefits is the ability to perform a fast, more flexible search of documents across the entire content repository. Engineers can now search for a specific document by entering the metadata value or the full text. The overall processing time is dramatically reduced as compared to the old paper driven method and a shared file system,” said Seth Hillman, Oracle Implementation Service Architect at Softlinx.
Specific details of the implementation include:
- Metadata and full text searching was enabled to allow for easier locating of the documents.
- Revision control eliminated the multiple copies issue. Engineers are now always working with the latestversion.
- Data input and business logic were built into the system to ensure data accuracy.
- All documents follow defined workflows controlled by the Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Digital copies of the signatures are used for electronic document approval so that the business’s employees nolonger need to print the cover pages and get physical signatures. This reduces the number of paper documentscreated within the organization and speeds up the approval process.
- The implementation of an electronic system such as Oracle WebCenter Content also increases the security of such content where each user has well-defined access rights to the documents.
- Reports were created to provide insight into the project’s deliverables and bottlenecks to help in meeting the performance matrix.
- All documents are automatically converted to a non-proprietary searchable PDF/A format and stored along with the native file.
- As part of meeting regulatory compliance, one of the metadata fields is safety class. The document safety class determines its retention period.
Oracle WebCenter Content platform is a leader in Enterprise Content Management. Oracle WebCenter Content provides everything the organization needed to create a vast range of content management applications—unified content management solution that ensures seamless access to the right information in the appropriate business context by helping organizations implement a strategic content infrastructure for managing documents, images, and rich media files while delivering contextual integration with enterprise applications.
One of the key benefits is the ability to perform a fast, more flexible search of documents across the entire content repository. Engineers can now search for a specific document by entering the metadata value or the full text. The overall processing time is dramatically reduced as compared to the old paper driven method and a shared file system.
The organization selected Softlinx Inc. (www.softlinx.com), an Oracle Certified Gold Partner to implement the Oracle WebCenter Content. Softlinx’ Professional Services Group has been providing Oracle WebCenter Content Implementation and Outsourced Management Services on-time, on-budget to its clients for over 7 years. Please contact Softlinx via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (978) 881-0560 for an initial consultation regarding your organization’s unique requirements.
About Oracle WebCenter
Oracle WebCenter Content provides leading-edge solutions for all types of content management needs. From file server consolidation to sophisticated multisite web content management, Oracle WebCenter Content provides a robust, scalable solution, along with a powerful infrastructure that allows you to create content-enabled applications. Beyond content management, Oracle WebCenter provides the full platform organizations need for user engagement. It includes social and collaborative capabilities that are the heart of the Oracle Social Network. It provides strong web experience management as well as the ability to create portals and composite applications.
# # #
Softlinx is a registered trademark of Softlinx, Inc. Oracle and Oracle WebCenter are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation. All other product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.