- A “Customer” is anyone who purchases Softlinx’ products or services.
- A “User” is anyone who visits our websites.
- “Personal Information” is information that directly identifies or can be used to identify a Customer or User. Examples include name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, billing information such as credit card number, and billing address, and financial account number. Personal Information does not include information that is readily available to the public through no fault of Softlinx.
This Privacy Notice applies to data collected through our website (www.softlinx.com). This Privacy Notice applies only to the practices of companies we own, control, or are united with under common control. By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to the Services referenced above, not to other websites (“Third-party Sites”) for which our Services may contain links. If you submit your personal information to any of these Third-party Sites, your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. As a safety measure, we recommend that you not share any personal information with these third parties unless you’ve checked their privacy policies and assured yourself of their privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information from our Customers and Users in order to provide you with a useful and efficient experience. The information will be used to conduct our business, including to reply to inquiries on our products and services, to provide effective and quality products and services, and to offer satisfactory customer service.
Personal Information may be collected when it is provided by you with the intent to purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide; when it is automatically collected from your visit of our websites or use our products and services; or when we obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies.
Generally, when you submit or provide information to us, the Personal Information we collect may include the following: your name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, business e-mail address. More specifically, you may voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Account Creation and Administration. When you sign up for an account to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your first and last name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, and business e-mail address. You will also be required to choose a unique username and a password, as well as an account name, for accessing the created account.
- Form Submissions. We record information that you submit when you submit a form to request customer support or to contact Softlinx for any other purpose, such as your e-mail address and any information contained in or attached to the form submission.
- Payment Processing. When you purchase our products and services from us, we may ask you to provide your A/P contact information, and other payment related information such as credit card information. When you submit your card information, we store the name and billing address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number. For quick processing of future payments, if you have given us your approval, we may store your credit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secured servers of our Payment Gateway Service Provider.
- Interactions with Softlinx. We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including if you e-mail us or contact us via telephone, a messaging service, website form, social media or a social network, for providing and improving our services, including by improving our interactions with you and other customers.
- Information from Browsers, Devices and Servers. When you access our services, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like most websites, we collect certain information automatically when you visit our websites such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring and exit URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We may use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, and to track users’ movements around the site. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Our goal of collecting your information is to provide you with the best customer experience possible by communicating with you regarding inquiries on our products and services; service updates and news; support requests and replies; service related notifications; offers and promotions; addressing network and security issues; investigating or taking action regarding illegal activities or violations of our service terms.
Disclosure on Handling Collected Information
Softlinx does not sell your Personal Information to third parties, and we maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes. We have implemented appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Softlinx.
We share your Personal Information only with third parties that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services. We require those third parties to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy, and we do not provide Personal Information to third parties for marketing of their own products and services without your consent. Softlinx may be required to disclose Personal Information to third parties in response to court orders or lawful requests by public authorities.
We have established policies and practices for our Customers and Users to limit certain types of solicitation communications from Softlinx, including marketing contacts made via telephone or e-mail. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletters or marketing e-mails or calls, and request to be removed from these telemarketing lists.
Information that you provide to third parties is not covered by this Policy. For example: When you download applications or make an online purchase from a third party while using Softlinx’ services, the information collected by the third party is not subject to this Policy. If you use public forums — such as social networking services, Internet bulletin boards, chat rooms, or blogs on Softlinx or third party websites — you should be aware that any Personal Information you disclose publicly can be read, collected, or used by others. Once you choose to reveal Personal Information on such a site, the information is publicly available, and Softlinx cannot prevent distribution and use of that information by other parties.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to Softlinx’ websites, and does not apply to other third party websites for which our websites may contain links.
Information about our Customers and Users, including Personal Information, may be transferred as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Customer and User records would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding. In such an event, Softlinx will notify via e-mail and/or a prominent announcement on our website of any change of ownership and uses of your Personal Information as well as any choices you may have regarding the disposal of your Personal Information.
Revised April 2020