Welcome to Softlinx.com, the website, online service, and mobile applications of Softlinx, Inc. (“Softlinx”). This Privacy Notice applies to data collected through our website (www.softlinx.com) and online service, as well as our downloadable applications, APIs, email, and other messaging systems or telephone (collectively the “Services”). This Privacy Notice applies only to the practices of companies we own, control, or are united with under common control. By accessing or using our Service, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to the Services referenced above, not to other websites (“Third-party Sites”) for which our Services may contain links. If you submit your personal information to any of these Third-party Sites, your personal information is governed by their privacy policies. As a safety measure, we recommend that you not share any personal information with these third parties unless you’ve checked their privacy policies and assured yourself of their privacy practices.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE
We receive personal information from our users in order to provide you with a useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we receive are divided into two types: 1) information that we receive and control (“Controlled Data”) and 2) information we receive from a customer to process for the customer at the customer’s request and on the customer’s behalf (“Processed Data”). We discuss each type in more detail below.
Information We Control About You
Controlled Data You Provide Voluntarily
We collect information about you only if we need the information for some legitimate purpose. Generally, when you submit or provide information to us, the personal information we collect may include the following: your name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, business email address. More specifically, you may voluntarily provide us with your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Account Creation and Administration. When you sign up for an account to access one or more of our services, we ask for information like your first and last name, company name, business address, business phone number, job title, and business email address. You’ll also be required to choose a unique username and a password, as well as an account name, for accessing the created account.
- Form Submissions. We record information that you submit when you submit a form to request customer support or to contact Softlinx for any other purpose, such as your email address and any information contained in or attached to the form submission
- Payment Processing. When you buy something from us, we ask you to provide your name, contact information, and credit card information or other payment account information. When you submit your card information, we store the name and billing address of the cardholder, the expiry date and the last four digits of the credit card number. We do not store the actual credit card number. For quick processing of future payments, if you have given us your approval, we may store your credit card information or other payment information in an encrypted format in the secured servers of our Payment Gateway Service Providers.
- Interactions with Softlinx. We may record, analyze and use your interactions with us, including if you email us or contact us via telephone, a messaging service, website form, social media or a social network, for providing and improving our Services, including by improving our interactions with you and other customers.
- Testimonials. We may post customer testimonials on our websites that contain information such as our customers’ names and titles. When you authorize us to post testimonials about our Services on websites, we may include your name and other personal information in the testimonial. You will be given an opportunity to review and approve the testimonial before we post it. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlled Data We Collect Automatically
- Information from Browsers, Devices and Servers. When you access our Services we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, browser type, language preference, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We include these in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. We, our advertising partners and our service providers may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, Local Storage Objects (LSOs) (such as HTML5 and Flash LSOs) and scripts to collect this information.
When you access our Services, our or our service providers’ servers may send a cookie to your computer. Below is a description of the types of cookies we use and when and how you can control their use.