This Latest Major Release Offers Key Enhancements to Support Scalability and Better Utilization of IT Resources
North Billerica, MA (July 12, 2010) –Softlinx Inc., an industry leader in enterprise fax messaging, content management and electronic document delivery solutions announced the general availability of ReplixFax fax server Release 6.1 for Solaris and Linux platforms with a number of key enhancements for enterprise scalability, reliability and performance.
“As the leading vendor of enterprise fax server market for mission critical business applications, Softlinx has provided most reliable fax communications platform to such customers as State Street Corporation, Edward Jones and Anheuser-Busch over a decade. This latest release further strengthens Softlinx commitment to support UNIX based, fax server platforms for most reliable, scalable and high performance operation.” says Frank Woo, Softlinx’ Chief Operating Officer. “Our customers will benefit from built-in server clustering capability for both scalability and high availability fax messaging operation, while Oracle database support facilitates easier integration into the customer’s IT resource and infrastructure.”
Key enhancements of this latest release include:
- ReplixFax Server and IMG Gateway are certified on Solaris 10 and x86 Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 5.0.
- ReplixFax Server and IMG Gateway can be installed in cluster mode.
- Supports Microsoft Office 2007 documents with OpenOffice 3.2.0 for more accurate fax document rendering.
- Support of Oracle Database 10g and 11g.
- Enhanced support of SNMP support.
- Better document conversion with latest version of GPL Ghostscript.
- Software-only Fax over IP (FoIP) support with compatibility with most industry leading IP media gateways.
- Support of fax server virtualization for Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 5.0.
Examples of business fax communications powered by Softlinx’ ReplixFax Enterprise Fax Messaging solution include global mutual fund trading support, global fax over IP consolidation to centralize entire fax communications and replace multiple fax servers over global office locations, and ERP application faxing such as SAP.
Softlinx is a premier provider of network fax and electronic document delivery solutions to major corporations worldwide. With its ReplixFax enterprise fax server, e-document delivery products, and Oracle ECM consulting services, Softlinx delivers fast, quantifiable return-on-investment (ROI) to its customers by improving business efficiencies and eliminating costs associated with manual inefficiencies of handling unstructured content. Founded in 1993, Softlinx, Inc. is a privately held corporation headquartered in North Billerica, MA. For more information, visit www.softlinx.com.
# # #
Softlinx and Replix are registered trademarks of Softlinx, Inc. Oracle and IBM is a registered trademark of Oracle and IBM Corporation respectively. All other product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.